Thursday, November 17, 2011

Spotlight on Our Alumni: Angelina M. Petrarca


It's Thursday, so time to meet another one of our great alumni.  Today it is Angelina who lives her life fully focused on wellness and health.

Tell us about yourself? 
I am a Yogi who uses life as my laboratory to learn about myself and others. Yoga continues to teach me how to be still in a world that is in constant motion. I am able to be my best when I make time to slow down and stay grounded. I am someone who likes to understand my internal world as much as the external.

What you do at your job?
I currently am a Wellness Coach Team Lead at Highmark. I have the joy of doing something every day that allows me to connect with multiple areas within my organization. I wear many hats in this role. The coaches are the best part of what I do! While I might be their lead, they continuously teach me how to be better. I enjoy the camaraderie and challenge.

What are your best memories about studying at SLPA?
WOW! How much time do you have? It was the most rewarding educational experience I’ve had to date. The program was challenging, fun and special in so many ways. The instructors, fellow students and content all kept me engaged and hungry to learn more. I feel that I’ve truly walking away with a valuable skill set that I use daily.

What is your leadership philosophy?
I think the saying by Charles De Montesquieu sums up my philosophy. “To become truly great, one has to stand with people, not above them.”

What book have you read or are reading right now that you would recommend?
I am currently reading the loveliest book “The Last Lecture” by Randy Paush. He was such a humble person who truly understood how to enjoy the simple things in life. He was a very successful man who never forgot his roots. This book is inspiring and stirs the soul. A must read for any leader.

No comments:

Post a Comment